Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions need to be fully read, understood and agreed as any condition of sale, service, repairs, parts, design or any information supplied, failure to do so will affect your rights. If you do not understand any part please contact us on our enquiries e-mail for clarification. These terms and conditions override all others except where specifically agreed to by us in writing. Business to business transactions are primarily contractual and bound by different rules and as such some of the below may or may not apply.
1. Terms and conditions apply to general sales and the use of our website www.kentecgenerators.com.
2. www.kentecgenerators.com is operated by Electrogene Ltd registered in England and Wales.
3. By using, registering with, ordering or ordering from our website you agree to be bound fully by these terms and conditions.
4. Whilst we endeavour to give the best advice possible and supply accurate information, it is for you, the customer to make the final decisions, we accept no liabilities from errors in this decision making process or advice given. If you have doubts please take further independent advice.
5. As resellers all warranties are provided by the maufacturer,whilst we endeavor to facilitate in the warranty process we have no say in the manufacturers decisions which are final.
1. We supply to the UK only on our website, we will not supply to countries outside of the UK unless by prior arrangement. If you wish to purchase from outside the UK please use our enquiries form.
2. By placing an order on our website, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contract and have the financial means to fulfil the contract.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are resident in the UK and are accessing our site from the UK.
- We do not store, or have access to your credit, or debit card information. This is all done for us by either SagePay. They never give your card details to us and they process your payments for us, handling all your sensitive financial information on our behalf.
3. We take no responsibility whatsoever for fraudulent activity or the misuse of cards or payment systems.
4. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse to process an order at our discretion.
1. Delivery is free for items stated as having free delivery, this is for England and Wales only. Where access is severely impeded you must notify us prior to dispatch using firstname.lastname@example.org as charges may occur for such areas.
2. Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isles of the UK may incur delivery charges, please use our enquiries e-mail for a pre-order quote.
3. Delivery is normally 2-3 days after order acceptance and cleared payment, however this may vary throughout the year and with varying stock levels. Please feel free to contact us to check stock and delivery.
4. Please note that whilst we try to ensure deliveries and collections run as smooth as possible, we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery or collections of items on a particular day. We will not be liable to you for any direct or indirect loss, damage or expense (including loss of profit, business or goodwill), howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation.
5. You ‘must fully inspect’ your consignment prior to accepting delivery and signing delivery paperwork.
6. Where orders consist of more than one item they form part of a multiple delivery being delivered on separate days, if think you have a short order please contact us on our enquiries e-mail.
7. If you fail to take delivery any associated costs will be your responsibility.
8. As delivery is by a third party courier we accept no liability for late delivery.
9. If the consignment note does not match your order you must refuse delivery, failure to do so may incur further charges.
10. Factory have quoted lead times given by the manufacturers, these are estimated and cannot be taken as a definate time of delivery. We cannot take responsibility for early or late deliveries from the factory that we have no control over. We always quote lead times given to us by the manufacturer.
Damaged Goods 4. (B2B Customers may have differing terms if agreed in an individual contract).
1. If parcels are damaged on delivery it is your responsibility to inspect the goods, at this stage you should either refuse delivery or accept the goods as delivered damaged. You should in any event then notify us immediately of any damage within 24hrs on our enquiries e-mail where we will offer further assistance.
2. All carrier related damage must be reported within 24hrs, we will not be responsible for any carrier related damage after this period.
3. It is your responsibility to check the items delivered against the consignment note, if they do not match, it may be a short order. If you sign for the items you must clearly indicate where signed that it is a ‘short order’, as mistakes after signing may not be able to be rectified or may incur additional costs.
Cancellation, Returns 5. (Retail Customers).
1. You have the right to a 14 day cooling off period to cancel the purchase contract and return a product within 14 days. These terms comply with the EC directive regulations 2002 and the Consumer Contracts information, cancellation and additional charges regulations 2013.
2. To exercise your right to cancel you must within 14 days inform us of your decision to cancel in a clear statement providing all details including full customer details, date of order and receipt using our enquiries e-mail, a cancellation form is available on request. We have 14 days to accept delivery of the goods and issue a refund.
3. Please take care of the goods and any packaging, manuals and ancilliary goods such parts or tools. If there value is diminished by any amount as a result of handling of the goods beyond what is necerssary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods (particulary if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop or premisses) we reserve the right to deduct that amount from the the refund. up to the value of the purchase price.
This policy does not affect your legal rights - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
4. All items returned in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014) are inspected and where necessary we retain the right to refuse a refund. Items returned because they are no longer wanted should be returned unopened, undamaged, unused and at the customers cost.
5. Provided the goods are received in an ‘as new’ and 'unused' condition including all packaging, accessories and manuals and have not been used then a refund (less any return carriage costs) will be made within a 14 day period of receipt of the returned goods. If the goods have been used or tested and therefore cannot be classified ‘as new’ and 'unused', then they cannot be returned. Special builds or non-standard products (including fitted LPG kits) are excluded from our returns policy and cannot be returned. Due to the nature of the goods being sold once commissioned (fuel & oil added and started) or used (started and used) the item is classed as used equipment and cannot be resold as new equipment and therefore we reserve the right to deduct an amount from the any refund up to the value of the purchase price.
Damaged or used products may not be returnable at our disrection due to the nature of the products being sold. These will be covered by the sales of goods act.
Products purchased and paid for by a company are non-returnable unless prior agreement has been made or an gesture of goodwill is agreed, any goods subsequently used by a business or for business use may only be returned by agreement this includes sole traders, T/A traders and Ltd companies.
Factory orders cannot be cancelled under any circumstances as these products will be made for you the customer and as such are classed as bespoke.
Back orders/Pre-Orders for standard products coming back into stock can be cancelled for retail customers under your statuatory rights, a cancellation fee will be charged comensurate with any losses incurred by ourselves through the cancellation. Please note purchases made using a corporate or company credit card will be classed as a B2B, T/A, or Commercial transaction.
Cancellation, Returns 5. B2B.
1. B2B, T/A, Comercial and Industrial customers are broadly covered by these terms but often have slightly different terms assosiated with business or contracts.
2. Where service/repairs have been booked any cancellations within less than 48hrs will be laible for 50% of that quoted price unless prior arrangements have been made.
3. Any losses incurred through the cancellation will be charged, purchases made using a corporate or company credit card will be classed as a B2B, T/A, or Commercial transaction.
Faulty Goods 6. (Retail Customers).
1. All goods supplied are covered by a manufacturers only warranty, Kentec generators is only a reseller of goods or services through it's website. Please refer to your owner(s) manual(s) for warranty period and terms. If a manufacturer refuses repair or replacement their decision is final. Our terms and conditions on cancellation and returns apply in the first 7 days of receipt. The individual manufacturers warranty terms and conditions, which will be provided with each purchase, are the same terms and conditions that we apply as your contract is with us.
1.2. Warranty in all cases is on a return to manufacturers basis, this will be at the customers cost as will collection.
2. You will require your purchase documents and invoice as proof of purchase.
3. If you have a faulty item please report this either directly to the manufacturer or to us via our enquiries e-mail. Please provide full details including model and serial number, full customer details and date of purchase and delivery acceptance..
4. In the event that an item is collected/delivered due to a fault it will be either repaired or replaced within a reasonable period of time.
5. After inspection, if any goods or items are found not to be faulty or faulty due to incorrect operation, abuse or other non-warranty covered events, you ‘the consumer’ will be fully liable for the repair costs in full including collection/delivery charges at our standard rates. *Please note the use of Bradex Easy Start or equivalent or other starting aids voids the warranty on all engines imediately.*
6. If you hire a machine whilst yours is being repaired or replaced we nor the manufacturer will be liable in anyway for any hire charges or costs incurred.
7. It is the customer’s responsibility to deliver/collect the equipment to and from the manufacturer at the customers cost. Should the manufacturer agree to collect/deliver this will be charged back to the customer.
8. Please be advised that most fuel related problems are not covered under warranty, this type of repair will be chargeable including collection/delivery. The set will not be warrantied if altered, modified or worked on in such a way that it could damage or a cause a fault to the product.
9. You must keep all boxes, delivery packaging or pallets for up to 14 days after delivery, we reserve the right to deduct amounts from a refund up to the value of the purchase price as this can render the goods as used.
1. Prices are as quoted on our website or on an individual quotation, except where there is a typographical error or obvious other errors have occurred. We are under no obligation to supply any products at a lower price due to obvious errors or miss-pricing.
2. Prices and charges are liable to change at anytime, but changes will not affect orders that have already been processed.
3. If we cancel an order with you we will re-credit any sum deducted by us in relation to the order. We are under no obligation and do not offer compensation for disappointment suffered or liable for any other costs in relation to the cancelled order.
Contract Prices 7A.
1. Contracts are for the stated term only.
2. Contract prices are often at a reduced rate and cannot be terminated without full payment of that contract.
3. Terms of that contract are stated in that contract and are for the service(s) stated or supply of the material in that contract only.
4. Contract early termination is only accepted when the full financial obligation of that contract is fulfilled.
Payment Options/Transfer 8.
1. Payment can be made through our website online payment system or by Bank Transfer against a pro-forma invoice.
2. Payments made by corporate or company debit / credit card will be classed as a B2B, T/A, Commercial transaction.
3. Transfer of ownership for goods may not be re-assigned until you, the customer are in possession and have paid for in cleared funds all purchase and associated costs regarding such goods.
4. Factory orders once placed cannot be cancelled under any circumstances.
5. Back orders/Pre-Orders for standard products coming into back stock can be cancelled for retail customers under your statuatory rights, a cancellation fee will be charged comensurate with any losses incurred by ourselves through the cancellation.
Payment Options/Transfer 8A.
1. International payments have bank charges attached and will be charged at the appropriate rate.
2. International payments received that do not have the full amount paid to our bank will not be processed until paid for in full, return of such payments will be less the cost to return payment.
Service & Parts ; Payments on Account 8B.
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, All account payments shall be due On or Before 30 days following the date of invoice.
2. Payments not made within the stated 30 days of invoice date, may be subject to Interest charges at the Statutory Interest Rate of 8%, plus the Bank of England base rate, per annum, calculated daily on overdue amounts. Charging interest in no way prejudices the right to recover any monies (including accrued interest) due to it by legal proceeding, at such times as the company thinks fit and the company shall be under no obligation to allow overdue accounts to remain outstanding on payment of interest thereon.
3. Where repeated late payment should occur, accounts may be withdrawn and payment on Pro-forma will apply.
4. All invoice queries to be raised within 7 working days.
5. If the customer cannot accept delivery when the goods are completed and ready for delivery, then the time when the goods are ready, shall count as the delivery date and payment shall be due / made accordingly, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the company.
We do not store any credit card payment information, this is handled by Sage Pay. Any customer details we may have during the transaction are to enable us to process your order and arrange delivery. These details are kept securely and never passed to third parties.
1. All products are subject to availability by the manufacturers, we have no control over availability. Please contact us to check availability.
2. Whilst we keep all details and specifications as up to date as possible they are subject to change without prior notice either by us, or the manufacturer.
2.1 Whilst we make every effort to make sure all information/details are correct we accept no liability, it is the purchasers responsibility that the item being purchased is the item required and that the specification is what is desired.
3. We accept no liability for the change of specifications or withdrawal of models. Please contact us to check models and specifications.
4. All pictures/images/renderings are for illustration purposes only, colours and configurations may vary, please contact us if you have specific requirements or check product details.
1. If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all liability and costs thereof.
2. Whilst we endeavour to supply the equipment as stated we hold no liability for any changes in specification by the manufacturer.
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such a term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
4. We accept no liabilities whatsoever for miss-use or incompetent handling, repair, maintenance or otherwise.
5. You agree to indemnify us ‘fully’ for any breech or miss-use of these terms and conditions.
6. We reserve the right to change / alter these terms and condition at any time whatsoever.
7. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
8. The material on this website is provided “as shown” without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this website.
9. Our policy of continually updating products could mean that certain details and prices held within this site may be changed without prior notice. All specifications and images are true to the best of our knowledge. We cannot be held responsible for any errors in images, or product details as supplied to us and all dimensions and weights are approximate.
10.Any dispute, claim or (non) contract dispute arising from the use of this website in anyway whatsoever shall be governed by English law and the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
11 Failure to fully read, understand and agree these terms and conditions relieves us of any liabilities afforded the law of England and Wales. Your statutory rights in England and Wales as a consumer are not affected.
No warranty is infered or implied on exports, all warranties are UK only. Any purchases made are in the full knowledge of this implication and must be returned to the UK for repair, the return cost will also be at the purchasers expense.
Copyright/Intellectual Property/Website and Images.
1. This website and it’s content are the Copyright and intellectual property of Kentec Generators and Electrogene Ltd, it is strictly forbidden to copy any part of this website whatsoever without express permission in writing.
2. Permission is allowed for customers to electronically copy and print details from this website when it is for the express purpose of placing an order with us. Any other use of information on this site without the prior written permission is strictly forbidden.
01/01/2021 rev C.