Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions need to be fully read, understood and agreed as any condition of sale or any information supplied, failure to do so will affect your rights. If you do not understand any part please contact us on our enquiries e-mail for clarification.
1. Terms and conditions apply to general sales and the use of our website www.kentecgenerators.com.
2. www.kentecgenerators.com is operated by Electrogene Ltd registered in England and Wales.
3. By using, registering with, ordering or ordering from our website you agree to be bound fully by these terms and conditions.
4. Whilst we endeavour to give the best advice possible and supply accurate information it is for you, the customer to make the final decisions, we accept no liabilities from errors in this decision making process or advice given. If you have doubts please take further independent advice.
1. We supply to the UK only, on our website, we will not supply to countries outside of the UK unless by prior arrangement. If you wish to purchase from outside the UK please use our enquiries form.
2. By placing an order on our website, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contract and have the financial means to fulfil the contract.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are resident in the UK and are accessing our site from the UK.
3. We take no responsibility whatsoever for fraudulent activity or the misuse of cards or payment systems.
4. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse to process an order at our discretion.
1. Delivery is free for items stated as having free delivery, this is for England and Wales only; where access is severely impeded you must notify us prior to dispatch using email@example.com as charges may occur for such areas.
2. Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isles of the UK may incur delivery charges, please use our enquiries e-mail for a pre-order quote.
3. Delivery is normally 2-3 days after order acceptance and cleared payment, however this may vary throughout the year and with varying stock levels. Please feel free to contact us the check stock and delivery.
4. Please note that whilst we try to ensure deliveries and collections run as smooth as possible, we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery or collections of items on a particular day. We will not be liable to you for any direct or indirect loss, damage or expense (including loss of profit, business or goodwill), howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation.
5. You ‘must fully inspect’ your consignment prior to accepting delivery and signing delivery paperwork.
6. Where orders consist of more than one item they form part of a multiple delivery being delivered on separate days, if think you have a short order please contact us on our enquiries e-mail.
7. If you fail to take delivery any associated costs will be your responsibility.
8. As delivery is by a third party courier we accept no liability for late delivery.
9. If the consignment note does not match your order you must refuse delivery, failure to do so may incur further charges.
Damaged Goods 4.
1. If parcels are damaged on delivery it is your responsibility to inspect the goods, at this stage you should either refuse delivery or accept the goods as delivered damaged. You should then notify us immediately of any damage within 24hrs on our enquiries e-mail where we will offer further assistance.
2. All carrier related damage must be reported within 24hrs, we will not be responsible for any carrier related damage after this period.
3. It is your responsibility to check the items delivered against the consignment note, if they do not match, it may be a short order. If you sign for the items you must clearly indicate where signed that it is a ‘short order’, as mistakes after signing may not be able to be rectified or may incur additional costs.
Cancellation, Returns 5.
1. You have the right to a 14 day cooling off period to cancel the purchase contract and return a product within 14 days. These terms comply with the EC directive regulations 2002 and the Consumer Contracts information, cancellation and additional charges regulations 2013.
2. To exercise your right to cancel you must within 14 days inform us of your decision to cancel in a clear statement rpoviding all details including full customer details, date of order and receipt using our enquiries e-mail, a cancellation form is available on request. We have 14 days to accept delivery of the goods and issue a refund.
3. Please take care of the goods and any packaging, manuals and ancilliary goods such parts or tools. If there value is diminished by any amount as a result of handling of the goods beyond what is necerssary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods (particulary if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop or premisses) we reserve the right to deduct that amount from the the refund. up to the value of the purchase price.
This policy does not affect your legal rights - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
4. All items returned in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014) are inspected and where necessary we retain the right to refuse a refund. Items returned because they are no longer wanted should be returned unopened, undamaged, unused and at the customers cost.
5. Provided the goods are received in an ‘as new’ and 'unused' condition including all packaging, accessories and manuals and have not been used then a refund (less any return carriage costs) will be made within a 14 day period of receipt of the returned goods. If the goods have been used or tested and therefore cannot be classified ‘as new’ and 'unused', then they cannot be returned. Special builds or non-standard products (including fitted LPG kits) are excluded from our returns policy and cannot be returned. Due to the nature of the goods being sold once commissioned (fuel & oil added and started) or used (started and used) the item is classed as used equipment and cannot be resold as new equipment and therefore we reserve the right to deduct an amount from the any refund up to the value of the purchase price.
Damaged or used products may not be returnable at our disrection due to the nature of the products being sold. These will be covered by the sales of goods act.
Products purchased and paid for by a company are non-returnable unless prior agreement has been made or an gesture of goodwill is agreed, any good subsequently used by a business or for business use may only be returned by agreement this includes sole traders, T/A traders and Ltd companies.
Faulty Goods 6.
1. All goods supplied are covered by a manufacturers only warranty, Kentec generators is only a reseller of goods or services through it's website. Please refer to your owner(s) manual(s) for warranty period and terms. If a manufacturer refuses repair or replacement their decision is final. Our terms and conditions on cancellation and returns apply in the first 14 days of receipt. The individual manufacturers warranty terms and conditions, which will be provided with each purchase, are the same terms and conditions that we apply as your contract is with us.
2. You will require your purchase documents and invoice as proof of purchase.
3. If you have a faulty item please report this either directly to the manufacturer or to us via our enquiries e-mail. Please provide full details including model and serial number, full customer details and date of purchase and delivery acceptance..
4. In the event that an item is collected/delivered due to a fault it will be either repaired or replaced within a reasonable period of time.
5. After inspection, if any goods or items are found not to be faulty or faulty due to incorrect operation, abuse or other non-warranty covered events, you ‘the consumer’ will be fully liable for the repair costs in full including collection/delivery charges at our standard rates.
6. If you hire a machine whilst yours is being repaired or replaced we nor the manufacturer will be liable in anyway for any hire charges or costs incurred.
7. It is the customer’s responsibility to transport the equipment to us and you will liable for any carriage charges if you have to ship your item via carrier to us, or back to the manufacturer, or their appointed dealer, or agent for repair. If you use specialised services to return goods only a standard service will refunded if due,
8. Please be advised that most fuel related problems are not covered under warranty. This type of repair will be chargeable including collection/delivery.
9. You must keep all boxes, delivery packaging or pallets for up to 14 days after delivery, we reserve the right to deduct amounts from a refund up to the value of the purchase price.
1. Prices are as quoted on our website or on an individual quotation, except where there is a typographical error or obvious other errors have occurred. We are under no obligation to supply any products at a lower price due to obvious errors or mis-pricing.
2. Prices and charges are liable to change at anytime, but changes will not affect orders that have already been processed.
3. If we cancel an order with you we will re-credit any sum deducted by us in relation to the order. We are under no obligation and do not offer compensation for disappointment suffered or liable for any other costs in relation to the cancelled order.
Payment Options/Transfer 8.
1. Payment can be made through our website online payment system.
2. Payment can also be made by cheque or Bank Transfer against a pro-forma invoice.
3. Transfer of ownership for goods may not be re-assigned until you, the customer are in possession and have paid for in cleared funds all purchase and associated costs regarding such goods.
We do not store any credit card payment information, this is handled by PayPal. Any customer details we may have during the transaction are to enable us to process your order and arrange delivery. These details are kept securely and never passed to third parties.
1. All products are subject to availability by the manufacturers, we have no control over availability. Please contact us to check availability.
2. Whilst we keep all details and specifications as up to date as possible they are subject to change without prior notice either by us, or the manufacturer.
3. We accept no liability for the change of specifications or withdrawal of models. Please contact us to check models and specifications.
4. All pictures/images are for illustration purposes only, colours and configurations may vary, please contact us if you have specific requirements or check product details.
1. If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all liability and costs thereof.
2. Whilst we endeavour to supply the equipment as stated we hold no liability for any changes in specification by the manufacturer.
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such a term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
4. We accept no liabilities whatsoever for miss-use or incompetent handling, repair, maintenance or otherwise.
5. You agree to indemnify us ‘fully’ for any breech or miss-use of these terms and conditions.
6. We reserve the right to change / alter these terms and condition at any time whatsoever.
7. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
8. The material on this website is provided “as shown” without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this website.
9. Our policy of continually updating products could mean that certain details and prices held within this site may be changed without prior notice. All specifications and images are true to the best of our knowledge. We cannot be held responsible for any errors in images, or product details as supplied to us and all dimensions and weights are approximate.
10.Any dispute, claim or (non) contract dispute arising from the use of this website in anyway whatsoever shall be governed by English law and the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
11 Failure to fully read, understand and agree these terms and conditions relieves us of any liabilities afforded the law of England and Wales. Your statutory rights in England and Wales as a consumer are not affected.
Copyright/Intellectual Property/Website and Images.
1. This website and it’s content are the Copyright and intellectual property of Kentec Generators and Electrogene Ltd, it is strictly forbidden to copy any part of this website whatsoever without express permission in writing.
2. Permission is allowed for customers to electronically copy and print details from this website when it is for the express purpose of placing an order with us. Any other use of information on this site without the prior written permission is strictly forbidden.